Summer Setting Powders



If you caught my last post on my picks for summer foundations, it only made sense to follow up with my favourite powders to cement those bases in place. Again drugstore, again great quality for a minute price. As I'm very oily skinned I prefer a matte finish which isn't too matte and I need a powder that doesn't turn too powdery or cakey as I often need to touch-up throughout the day. In steps these guys:

L'oréal Nude Magique BB Powder - This powder is one of, if not, my most favourite drugstore powder. It is essentially translucent however it does come in a couple of shades of which I wear the shade Light. This powder doesn't transfer any colour, but its great for setting a base or concealer as it leaves a nice velvety feel to the skin and doesn't allow your base to crease up. The compact comes with a mirror and sponge too which isn't actually too bad to use if you find yourself without a brush for application.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder - Perfect for those who want a little something to help set their makeup but they don't want to mattify it. This is the lightest powder I've used and is a staple choice for me in the summer. I would use it all year round, but I find it tends to darken my base foundation quite a bit, so naturally I can only really use it when I've somehow caught some sort of a "tan" (I use tan very loosely because I mean, you've seen how ghostly I am right?). This is great for keeping the skin hydrated too as it doesn't dry you out like some other powders can.

Lily Lolo Mineral Powder - I stumbled across the Lily Lolo site a few years ago now, and still believe their mineral makeup is some of the best I've used. Their colour range is fantastic for us pale ladies and providing you're well moisturised, their concealer and powder can be used alone instead of with a base. If I'm having a long summer day and need that little bit of extra coverage however, I will reach for this just for a light dusting all over the face. Extremely breathable and light yet somehow medium to high coverage, it ticks so many boxes for me in hotter weather. This will always be what I take on hot holidays as it keeps the oily sweat shine at bay. If you want to set your base but don't want any extra colour or coverage however, they also do a fantastic translucent setting powder which is also a firm member of my holiday makeup arsenal.


What powders do you like to use for setting or do you prefer sprays?

- A.
Post a Comment