Frank about Frank

P1000316

(That's it, get the laughter/panicked shrieks out of your system before we begin. P.S. sorry for the makeup-less face and zero warning!) Frank's coffee scrub is for when your usual shower gel just ain’t cutting it. Let's start off with brutal honesty, I love this stuff. At first I didn’t buy into the hype around this brand because well, hype usually equals disappointment for me and you know, there’s also the fact that I don’t particularly like coffee. But I cannot get enough of this product now.

Frank do a small range of different coffee-based scrubs, dependent upon what you want from your scrub and the really important stuff - what you want to smell like! I personally like the Chocolate version because although I have an oil slick of a face when it comes to my skin type, my body tends to sway more to the dry and dehydrated end of the spectrum so this gives it a great pick me up. As you can imagine, it also smells heavenly. They also do body butter for a post-shower treatment, but if you caught my last beauty post, you might understand why I can't rate or slate that product as my skin is a nightmare to test on when it comes to moisture and hydration - moving on!

P1000317

A little goes a long way with this and it will leave you feeling as smooth as a baby’s bottom. I tend to use it once a week or when I feel I need a particularly deep exfoliation therefore one baggy lasts a long time and as each bag costs around £12-15, it is pretty great value. I use it on my face, my upper body and arms, and my legs and although I have quite sensitive skin, this has never irritated it despite it being a quite an abrasive feeling scrub. As suggested on Frank's site, I tend to wash my skin with my usual gentle shower gel and facial cleanser as it leaves me feeling slightly too greasy for my liking, but if you have dry or aging skin, that added moisture left behind by the scrub might be a great thing. Some users have claimed that it has helped a great deal with their acne and whilst I can't comment on the results of continuous use, I can say that in my experience it has helped reduce spot size and their harsh colour overnight so it may be worth a look if you're at your wits end in your fight against acne! I also think this would be a winner with ladies who fake tan maybe?

My one word of caution? Whilst it leaves your bathroom smells amazing, it may also leave your bathroom looking like a baby’s bottom during a nappy change so maybe do as I do and only use this the day you know you’re going to clean the bathroom!


Have you tried the Frank coffee scrubs?

- A.
Post a Comment