Morning Skincare Routine



Skincare is something I've struggled to get a solid routine with in the past, despite having every issue with my skin you could possibly think of. Generally overly oily, spotty, yet dehydrated with the odd dry patch, my skin is less than desirable and a mammoth problem to tackle, but I may have found a slight solution.

This isn't a *singing full praises, holy grail products* post as these products don't help me deal with every issue my skin has, but they've done a grand job of making everything more manageable and its all thanks to Liz Earle. Liz Earle is a range that holds nostalgia for me as I always remember using the toner and creams every weekend at my grandma's as a kid, but getting older and realising the price of the products as a teen, I decided against investing in them until recently. As I mentioned, my main problems with my skin are my acne and oiliness but I've been trying my best to steer clear of using multiple products which claim to aid in the "mattifying" and "clarifying" of skin as I find they do more harm than good. So in steps Liz Earle as their products are gentle and include many natural ingredients which have helped hydrate my skin without making it oilier and it has ultimately resulted in my skin looking healthier, my breakouts not being as sore and painful, and my skin looking a little brighter and more radiant too. But enough of that, let's get down to what my morning routine using these products looks like:



So first things first, when I wake up in the mornings my eyes hurt. I tend to have really puffy tired eyes regardless of how many 40 winks I get, so I like to get 2 cotton pads and soak them in the Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion and leave them on my closed eyes for around 30 seconds to a minute, just to wake them up a little. This product is really great for doing that or for leaving on for longer if you're having a face mask pamper sesh and don't want to use up a cucumber! Its also perfect for extremely sensitive eye sufferers like me as it does not irritate my eyes in the slightest.

Next step is washing my face. I either do this before or after a shower, it just depends how I'm feeling each morning. But either way, I put a clean muslin cloth into my wash basin and let the hot tap run over it. Whilst that's heating/steaming up, I apply the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser all over my face and neck in gentle circular motions then when my muslin cloth feels hot to the touch, I ring it out and use it damply to remove the cleanser. After washing the cloth and leaving it to dry, I finish off by splashing cold water on my face and patting it dry with a clean towel. My one word of warning is to always make sure the temperature of water isn't too hot as using hot hot water can actually be quite bad for the skin and can strip it of its natural oils and goodness!

After that, I soak a cotton pad in the Instant Boost Skin Tonic and sweep it all over my face, eyelids and neck before applying my morning moisturiser, the Skin Repair Light Moisturiser. This moisturiser has vastly improved the hydration of my skin and I would go as far as to say it has actually helped combat my oiliness a little as the application of my makeup is much smoother each morning and its longevity has definitely improved.

I'd highly recommend the Liz Earle range to all skin types of all ages as all the products are very natural and gentle to use and the scents are extremely relaxing and calming too. They also have fantastic deals for buying products in bulk or if you want to buy a whole routine (such as the products I use) you can get them all as one package for a fraction of the price if you were to buy each product separately. You can also get your mits on Liz Earle products on the highstreet in stores such as Boots and John Lewis, so if you're unsure, you could always take a look at the products at face-value before committing to purchase first!


*This post was not sponsored


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment