Budget Powder Blushers



Blushers are a makeup must for me as even when I am wearing a darker foundation and bronzer, I can look washed out and my skin can look a little dull and monotone. I'm usually indifferent about which blushers are the best - high-end or drugstore - as both have some great and not so great ones.

Surprisingly I tend to reach for my drugstore ones more on a daily basis (probably because they're cheaper to replace), and I also prefer powder ones, so I thought I'd give a run down of my absolute favourites that I would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Sleek Makeup Blusher - Let's kick things off with my number one fave. Sleek are a brand who do budget alternatives to so many high-end products in such a great way. Their blushers are very similar to Nars - highly pigmented, in sleek (pardon the pun) compacts, and last an age. You get a pretty big pan for your buck and the colour range is insane. They do a mix of mattes and some with slight shimmer, and my favourites so far are the Life's a Peach and Rose Gold which is the perfect dupe for Nars' Orgasm but at a fraction of the price.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Mono Blush - The cheapest of all my favourite drugstore blushers, Rimmel are not only winners in their price (only around £4 for this blush), but also in their longevity and colour pay-off. These blushers aren't as big as the Sleek pans, but they are great little compacts for travelling as they're the size of your usual individual eyeshadows. The colour range isn't as extensive as some other drugstore brands, but they are pigmented and give a lovely flush to the cheeks. And for £4, you can't really go wrong can you?

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush - Relatively new on the drugstore scene, the Max Factor creme puff blushers first caught my eye because of the reviews claiming they were a dupe of the Hourglass ambient lighting blushers. These little baked pots of goodness provide such a high pigmentation for drugstore blushers, its almost unbelievable they cost under £1o. I find the colours really wearable as they're all very natural and there's a colour to suit every skin tone. As they're baked, a little goes a long way and they're easily blended seamlessly into your base. They do have some shimmer in them, but they're far from glittery and give your skin a natural glow and dewiness instead. If you're a fellow pale girl, the shades Alluring Rose and Mauve Rose are also perfect to use for contour and bronzing shades if you don't want to use a matte or cream product.

I would also recommend the powder blushers from the Natural Collection at Boots and Collection brands as they are ridiculously cheap and great quality. They're the perfect low-budget options for those who may not want to spend too much money or those who are just starting to build their makeup collection.

Which blushers would you recommend?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment