Cream Eyeshadow Praisin'



If you had of asked teenage Amyleigh what she thought of cream eyeshadows, she would have pulled a grimacing face and said something along the lines of "ew, gross" because they were pretty grim. I remember the days cream eyeshadow was tacky, sticky metallic gel that felt like glue/lipgloss on the lids and seemed to come exclusively in baby blue or pink. Fast forward to 2015 Amyleigh and ask her the same question and she will reply with "I'm in love with them".

Times have changed when it comes to cream eyeshadows and its all for the better. No longer do they gather in the crease of your lid or make your eyes resemble glittery Christmas baubles, but instead they look great, are quick and easy to use, and are some of my staple makeup products that I use on a daily basis.



My absolute favourites are surprise surprise, some drugstore offerings: the Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo range and the Max Factor Excess Shimmers. First off let's discuss the Maybelline offering in a little more detail. They have around 8 shades, all really pigmented and different, each pot will last you a lifetime, and they are a smidgen of the price of the likes of the Anastasia Beverlyhills and Charlotte Tillbury equivalents. My favourite go-to shade is And On Bronze which isn't actually all that bronzey in my opinion, but is more of a tarnished/antique gold shade which I often wear on its own, or as a primer base for my other shadows. If you're someone who suffers from oily lids like me, I promise hand on heart that these shadows will not budge until you actually want to wash them off - they're even "I forgot I was wearing makeup and just rubbed my tired eyes" proof. As I said, the colour range is quite small but there's something for everybody as I'm also a huge fan of Metallic Pomegranate, Eternal Gold and Turquoise Forever which I sometimes use as a liner to make the blue in my eyes *pop*.

The other pot of goodness I would highly recommend is the Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadows. Off and on the same as the Color Tattoo shadows, these ones come in slightly different shades (around 6 more neutral, universal shades) and are much creamier in application. I find the Maybelline shadows to be quick drying and therefore great for those rushed makeup applications, but if you're in need of a little extra time to blend a shadow out, then Max Factor offering is the one for you. My favourite shade in the range is Bronze which is a true bronze shade which I love to use on an evening out as it gives me a smokey eye without a black shade in sight. These are the creamier of the two and a little really does go a long way so don't overload your brush or you will have an absolute mare! I find they don't have the staying power of the Maybelline version as it will start to gather in the crease if its worn for a few hours, but its nothing a quick sweep over the eyes with a finger can't handle.

What cream eyeshadows have you tried that you would recommend?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment