SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Estée Lauder Empties



I've recently used up some Estée Lauder skincare products which I was trialing, so let's see how I got on...

Estée Lauder is a brand I usually turn to for makeup. I love their high coverage foundations and concealers, but the only skincare item I've used and loved was the night repair recovery serum. After getting a few travel size goodies with my most recent purchase, I've finally finished them and can give a bit of a review of items which I probably wouldn't have even considered buying myself.

First up let's discuss the Take it Away Makeup Remover Lotion. I used this little tube whenever I was visiting friends or family and it was just what you'd expect - a quite thin white moisturiser-style lotion that you rubbed onto a dry face and then removed with the aid of a muslin/face cloth. As an avid user of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, this one didn't compare, but it did do a pretty good job at getting off mascara and eye makeup. I wasn't too keen on the smell and I found that it irritated my sensitive eyes slightly whereas my usual Liz Earle does not, but it is a good alternative to cleansing balms and lotions if you need a travel size option. You do need to go in with another cleanser after using this though, so again, it does have its downsides. I don't think I'd repurchase this product again, but I can see why other users would like it.

I also used minis of the Advanced Time Zone Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme and Eye Creme and have nothing but good things to say about both. The face creme is silky smooth and quite thick so I used it in my evening routine and woke every morning with smooth plump skin. As for the anti-aging promises, I obviously can't comment too much, but the cream did aid in my skin looking smoother and soothed dry, broken skin areas around any acne. Although I used it exclusively in my evening skincare routine, you can by all means use it AM and PM and I suspect you would see greater results that way.

The eye creme was also really creamy and silky to apply, and again, was really thick. It was almost more of a gel than a cream in the pot and didn't irritate my overly sensitive eyes too much. It kept my dry skin patches I sometimes get under my eyebrows at bay and made my undereye area look a lot healthier so if you suffer from dark circles and get fine lines there, or dry sore skin, I would recommend this highly. Just be weary that it may make extremely sensitive eyes water!

I'm keen to try out more from Estée Lauder's skincare range, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.