Current Fave Pinky Nudes



Nudes are something that are hit and miss for everyone. Some can wash you out and make you look a little alien, some can be too dark, and some just look like you may as well as have worn a bold bright lip. Its particularly been a problem for me as a wee pale-skinned lassie as I desperately want to rock the brown, circa 1993 lip but it just does not suit my skin tone and dark hair combo. Boo hiss.

What does seem to work on me is the pinky nudes. I'm not actually a fan of a pink lip. I don't particularly like wearing pink unless its in blush form, so although I don't tend to necessarily *like* a lot of these lipsticks, they do suit me and therefore are my favourite to reach for at the moment if I want a more subtle lip. So here's the run down:

For a sheer wash of colour that is simply "your lips but better", I turn to L'Oréal and Estée Lauder. As a big fan of the L'Oréal Color Riche Julianne Red, I of course had to pick up the Julianne Barely Peach Nude when the line dropped. It's a lovely creamy pinky nude rather than a peach, which is an almost exact colour match for my natural lip colour. I like wearing this on days when I don't feel like having anything on my lips but still want to help define the shape of them and still look *put together*. I really need to pick up the J.Lo Barely Greige shade too because it looks beautiful. My other sheer shade is the Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy lippy in *INSERT NAME*. This is a more lustre, pearly finish which isn't usually my thing, but again its so similar to my natural lip colour, its stupidly easy to wear. Both these lippies tend to need to be topped up throughout the day, but its a breeze as they're so natural looking, you can't really tell when they begin to fade.

Another couple of creamy bullets lipsticks are from Barry M and Collection. Barry M are great for cheap lipsticks that despite the bargain price, have great pigmentation and pretty good longevity so I own quite a few. One of my favourite more *girly* ones is the shade 153 which is a light peachy pink but not too Barbie pink. It's a creamy lipstick that despite transferring onto everything, lasts quite well in its colour and is extremely comfortable and not drying. I mentioned in my Current Fave Reds post that Collection knock it out of the park when it comes to their lipsticks as at only around £3 for one, they're insanely good bargain products. Therefore it'll be no surprise to see a nudey shade from them is also in another favourites post. China Rose (originally Vintage Rose) is your typically darker dusty rose nude shade and its perfect for when I want to inject a little bit more nudey opaqueness without it washing me out. Again, just like the red shade I love, it does transfer like crazy, but it is moisturising, comfortable to wear and only £2.99 - so you can't possibly complain!

My favourite lip formula is always matte and I don't mind if it comes in lipstick or liner form, but the definite winners are liquid lipsticks. These velvety matte beauties are the best for long lasting, no budging lip and are therefore great for dates or nights out. Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist is a dusty rose, brown/pink nude and is considerably darker than most of my other nude faves. Because of this, it tends to look a lot more opaque and pink against my pale skin, but there's no complaints from me. I do find if you try to wear this product all day it will begin to flake, but for a few hours it is an extremely easy to wear matte. The only major downside to this baby is it takes an age to dry on my lips and I just don't know why!

For those quick drying super mattes, I turn to the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquers. Again, I love my nude shades just as much as my reds from this range and again, they're an absolute steal at only £3 each. I particularly like Tranquility - a browny *true nude* shade and Halcyon - a more peachy brown nude as they both suit me pretty well and aren't too nude. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative or reasonably good dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines, these are the velvets you're looking for. Two liners I like that are similar to these two MUA offerings are from Rimmel. Their Exaggerate Liner in Eastend Snob is a colour everyone and their mother has raved about and I am no exception. Similar to Bourjois' Nude-ist, this pinky dusty rose nude is a just a great liner on its own or as an added step to applying something like the Bourjois liquid lippy. My other fave is my only true brown nude that I've liked so far and its the 1000 Kisses Lipliner in Tiramisu. A kind of caramel shade, this one can run the risk of making me look washed out, but teamed with a smokey eye for an evening out, it looks really nice and again, gives a great matte, long-lasting finish.

Which nudes are your favourites?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment