SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Volume for Fine Hair



Time for another "woe is me" post (I know, get your tiny violins out). I have really fine hair. Like, if I walk around my house, indoors, where there is no breeze with no products in my hair, you can guarantee my hair with find a breeze no one else can detect and fly away as if it was caught in a tornado. I wish I was exaggerating but that's truly how bad it is. I no longer go to the hairdressers for a hair cut as I got put off by them saying "oh wow, isn't your hair thin?!" whilst pulling an *ew, gross* face, so I combat the thinness with some products I've tried and tested for a long long time which I thought would be great to share in case any of you are in the same boat (I feel you) or if you would just like some more volume in your weave life.

First up let's talk about post-shower saviours. I love the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Thick & Full 3D Boosting Creme and the Fat Hair "0" Calories Amplifying Root Lifter. Both products essentially do the same job but are different formulas. The Charles Worthington offering could be classed as the less convenient of the two as it is a pump-dispensed gel-like formula which can be rubbed between the fingertips then rubbed into the roots whereas the Fat Hair root lifter can be sprayed directly into the roots via the handy nozzle.

I find both products to be off and on the same, but the Charles Worthington creme gives me more volume without any "I have product in my hair" feeling, whilst the Fat Hair spray makes my roots more volumised but also more manageable due to making them feel slightly unclean (essentially giving you second day hair). I don't prefer one to the other and choose which to use depending on how manageable I think my hair is going to be that day. It doesn't really matter what product you choose to use as long as you make sure if you are blow drying your hair to have a good round barrel brush, preferably one with a metal barrel, as this will help lift and boost the hair.

After drying and heat styling my hair, my next fave product to use is the Schwarzkopf Got2B Powder'ful Volumising Styling Powder. I have used this product for years and it is still a favourite because I never have any troubles with it. This white talcum powder-like dust is great for giving the roots some lift and style without the aid of hairsprays or mousses. I shake a little bit of the powder onto my hand, rub it between my fingers and then push it into the roots. You can also shake it directly onto the roots but as I have black hair and I'm a clumsy oaf, I don't trust myself with such responsibility. I would describe the texture this creates akin to the texture and feeling dry shampoo creates, however your hair still has movement and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. This product is also great for ladies who are creating beehives or up dos.

My finishing product is always the L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Precious Oil Hairspray. I never used to be a fan of the famous Elnett sprays, until I tried this one. Packed with argan oil goodness, this hairspray isn't as hard-holding as many others, but is doesn't dry out and ruin the hair like those many others. I prefer using this one for volumising too as it can be sprayed directly into the roots like many hairdressers ans stylists suggest, but it won't leave your roots feeling or looking crispy but will provide the hold and fix you're after. Especially in conjunction with other volumising products, this spray works wonders.

Do you have any volumising secrets to share?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.