SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Product Empties



It's that time again (I know what you're thinking... What already?! But yes, I've went through even more products at the speed of light, so let's see what's hot and what's not).

Rimmel London Wonder'full Mascara - Love it or loathe it seems to be the running theme for bloggers and youtubers when discussing this mascara but personally, its a favourite. I tend to not repurchase the same mascara as there's so many great ones on the high street, I like to give them all a go, but this one is a definite repurchase again and again for me. I've always loved thick voluminous lashes, but this one has been a game and taste changer. It gives a lot of length and volume in the sense that it is really great for separating each individual lash, but it doesn't really give them any thickness which I've found I now prefer for during the daytime. It still gives me fluttery lashes without looking like your eye makeup is too heavy. Plus although the argan oil claim may seem gimmicky, I hand on heart think it has improved the condition of my lashes.

Estée Lauder Lip Liner - I straight up hate this product. I'm usually a big fan of Estée Lauder skin care and makeup, but I just did not get on with this liner at all. I found it to drag on the lips which would have been fine if it gave you a matte, "I'm not going anywhere - you drink that cuppa, don't worry about me!" finish but it transferred like crazy. What's worse is they changed the packaging from your regular pencil which needed to be sharpened to a plastic pencil which still needs to be sharpened but is impossible to actually sharpen. It is that difficult I genuinely googled whether or not you can actually sharpen it! Once I finally managed to sharpen it, I realised the product itself must be broken inside the shaft as it constantly snaps so that's why its going in the bin, more or less full-sized. Sorry Estée, you just didn't cut it this time!

Avon Lipstick - This lipstick was nice enough to use but I don't think I'd repurchase it. I believe I got it free in a makeup kit and whilst it was a lovely creamy moisturising lipstick, it was a little too glittery for me. Saying that though, I did use it up but I think that happened by accident - although the product is creamy so its great for the lips, it also meant the actual bullet went down way faster than any lipstick should so I actually ended up using it all up despite wearing it only a few times.

Barry M Lipstick - Let's inject a bit of positivity back into this post shall we? I love Barry M and their lipsticks are great and pretty faultless. Their shade *INSERT NAME* is your classic bright red and it is a lovely lipstick for both day and night wear. Since I was a teen, I've repurchased this exact colour at least 5 or 6 times so I will certainly be doing it again. Great colour, nice finish, and only a fiver. Winner winner.

Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer - I picked this concealer up after I ran out of the popular Collection Lasting Perfection concealer and of course, it was out of stock in Boots and Superdrug. I figured this one would be just as good but I just couldn't get along with it. The formula is nice, not as thick as the Lasting Perfection, but does the job nevertheless. The reason I didn't like it is because I'm quite the yellow toned lassie and this was way too pink. I couldn't use it under my eyes or to conceal redness/blemishes so its got to go. If you're a really pink-toned mama, maybe give this a go because the product itself is actually pretty great and the twist up applicator is spot on, just the colour choices leave a lot to be desired.

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, Toner and Face Mask - Let's finish on a positive! I've mentioned these products before in great detail, so if you want my full opinion on them, check them out *HERE* AND *HERE*. But just to be brief: I love Liz Earle. Their skin care is so gentle, natural and soothing, it really helps my sensitive skin feel a little more plump and healthy when my acne is playing up particularly bad and when its sore to the touch. Of course I'll be buying all these bottles of goodness again, but I just thought I should mention them in this post because they're pretty rad.


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.