Best Budget Powders



When it comes to powders, I am a seasoned tester and will always say the drugstore are the winners in this category. I have always been a fan of the matte look due to my oily skin, dewy finishes just don't float my boat, so I've tried and tested many many powders and have a fair few favourites - almost all of which are cheap as chips and available at your local Boots or Superdrug.

First off let's jump into this post with the cheapest (and actually my most favourite) of the lot. Collection have come on leaps and bounds since I was a teenager and gone are the days that they were the cheap brand with actually cheap, bad quality makeup. Now they offer up some of the best concealers, blushers, contour palettes, and lipsticks but the greatest product for me is their cheap as chips Pressed Powder. I have used this powder on and off for the last twelve years and no matter what brands or budgets I try, I always come back to it. At £1.99, its an absolute steal for a powder that keeps you matte for hours without looking cakey. It does have a colour to it although I wouldn't say its good enough to use on its own without a foundation base underneath, but its definitely a goody if you're an oily-skinned girl - especially if you're pale!

The next super cheap offering is the - of course - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. This is fave with a lot of people and I do like it as long as I'm light handed with it. It can risk looking cakey on my skin so its usually a one I reach for when I know I'm only going to have my makeup on for a couple of hours, but it is a great one to have in your makeup arsenal as it does keep you very matte for only £3.99. It's also a great option for both those who are on the hunt for a transparent powder but also for those who want a bit of colour as they have several options in the range.

Now we go to the other end of the scale as this powder only has 2 colour options, but it my handbag essential every single day. The L'Oréal Nude Magique BB Powder is a very light, velvety powder that never goes cakey - no matter how many times you layer it up. As it only has a Light or Medium colour option, it isn't a one I would recommend to darker skin tones, but it is another goody if you're a pale girl like me. It has never oxidised with any of my base foundations and it keeps me matte on my 9/10 hour shift days at work. This is my favourite on-the-go powder due to the packaging - it comes in a compact with a mirror and sponge in the base so you can touch-up when you're out and about with ease! They've changed the packaging recently to a circular compact but it is still incredibly convenient for it's £6.99 price tag.

Last but certainly not least is my most expensive budget powder but don't let that put you off. Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot Pressed Powder retails in Boots for £12 which is practically double the price of the previous powder but it is worth the money. It is a translucent powder which never applies white or chalky so would be perfect for a range of skin tones who are look for some mattifying makeup. Although it mattifies, it doesn't take away any natural glow and leaves makeup looking more natural that the powders previously mentioned. In a sleek compact complete with a mirror and sponge, it is again another handy handbag design for busy girls on-the-go - and the sponge isn't even that bad for application!

What is your favourite face powders for a perfected velvety matte look?



- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment