5 Spring Favourites



I thought about sharing some favourite products on here and realised I had a lot to sift through. Trying to condense it down to just 5 products was tough but it was surprisingly to see that when I really thought about it, lip products and mascaras didn't even come close to making the cut (and I would say those are the two things besides my eyebrow products that I need!). Surprises aside, I picked out these guys for a few reasons, and I'll let you know them all. They're all pretty well suited to the fact that the weather is starting to warm up a little bit and we're starting to get a little sun too, so if you need some ideas for some Sprin makeup must-haves, look no further!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19) - I honestly feel like this concealer never needs an introduction or explanation amongst the blogging community because it is that highly talked about and loved, but its all for a good reason. This bargain priced concealer has been a firm favourite year-round for me since I started wearing makeup. It's thick but not *too* thick, it doesn't go cakey, it conceals both dark circles and spots/redness really well and yeah, its under £5. I think its especially great for Spring because no matter what, it always manages to keep me looking fresh and awake and if you prefer to wear less makeup when the months get hotter, this is a great option for just applying a product where you need it instead of wearing a full face. Best concealer is best.

The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter (£17.50) - Again, this is a product that is raved about constantly but it truly is amazing. This highlight is a golden shimmery powder which suits just about everyone. I particularly like it because its a subtle golden highlight compared to the typical pinky or silver shimmers that you often find in more highlight formulas. Being yellow-toned, the golden shimmer is a nice match and this highlight in particular is just so nice to wear. You need the smallest amount and it will highlight wherever you want beautifully meaning you get quite a bit of product for your pennies. I also really love The Balm's packaging and this compact is fab as its mirror is pretty huge. Highlight is a staple piece of makeup for me in every season, but it is especially nice during the typically dewy and fresh Spring months!

Bourjois So Laque Ultra Shine Nail Polish (£5.99) - Although I'm loyal to Barry M as being my go-to for nail polish shades and formulas, Bourjois definitely come a close second. I often wear quite varied and bright shades of nail colours, but my absolute favourites to wear are always the more classic earthy and monochrome tones - as well as reds - which is something Bourjois do really well. With that being said a colour I usually don't get along with is pink. I'm just not a *pink girl* but this shade, "Beige Glamour" is beautiful on the nails. Its a really dusky rosey pink that gives nails a bit of a more mature finish. This deep blush shade is something that seems to be trending in the fashion world for Spring and new releases recently, so why not team your outfit palette with your nail colour too?

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation (£3o.oo) - I know, I've picked a hyped product again but again I will argue why it deserves the hype it gets. This is probably my most high coverage foundation that has been used again and again and I can confidently say it is comfortable to wear and does a great job at keeping the promises it makes. Although I try to wear a lighter base these days, especially in the warmer months, this is my go-to for days when my skin is just not playing ball or when I have things like weddings or other special occasions to attend. The thick formula not only does a great deal at concealing any imperfections or blemishes, but it doesn't really need a primer, it helps us oily-skinners stay matte for longer, and the shade range suits pretty much every skin tone imaginable. Although its a thicker consistency, its a foundation that can be applied sparingly and still look great, its certainly buildable, and yeah it helps the oily girls but I have dry-skinned pals who rate this stuff too.

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks (£1.99) - And from one price range to the other. This blush has again been a favourite for as long as I can remember enjoying makeup. Natural Collection are available at Boots and do some great affordable pieces. My favourite product of the brand is their blushers. They have 5 different colours which will all suit most people and they're so affordable. My favourite shade at the moment coming into Spring is Peach Melba. It's what you'd expect - a lovely peachy shade - but its not too orangey or coral toned and is quite pink too making it a really wearable and versatile colour no matter what makeup look you're going for. Despite being cheap as chips, I don't find these blushers to apply patchy and they don't look or set chalky making them truly a steal. If you haven't checked out this line, definitely hit it up for the warmer months and I promise there will be a shade in there that appeals to you for Spring.

What products are you loving for Spring 2016?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment