Birthday Wishlist



Usually I don't do these sorts of *wishlist* posts because I enjoy photographing the images I use on Northern Blood, but as it's my birthday at the end of the month and for once there's actually a few things I'd quite like, it seemed like a pretty good idea to make note of them here!

I'm quite the forgetful franny so if I don't receive any of these things as gifts (hint hint to those who do the present buying, please and thank you,) then I can at least remember what it was that I was after before I inevitably go on a spending spree and get none of these things - it's happened many times before. I'm quite the seasoned pro, in fact.

1.) Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Blush Palette (£6.oo) - I've been meaning to pick this palette up for ages and see if it lives up to the hype surrounding it. The colours look beautiful although they look more suitable to be highlighters or eyeshadows from images I've seen - either way, I'll get use out of it and it looks beautiful! The palette is available from Superdrug and Makeup Revolution.

2.) Picador 40th Anniversary Edition Books - After picking up Room by Emma Donoghue recently, I absolutely fell in love with the cover. There was just one slightly battered copy in my local WHSmith but I knew I wanted the copy with *that* cover despite it not being in perfect condition. When I flicked through the book, I realised that the cover was in celebration of the publisher Picador's 40th Anniversary and other work had been re-released with similar minimalist artwork on their covers. Two copies I'd especially love to get my hands on is The Lovely Bones and American Psycho. The Lovely Bones is something I've read before and is one of my favourite films, but I no longer have a copy of the novel and this one would be gorgeous to own. And American Psycho? Absolutely fantastic film but believe it or not, I've never read the book - and yeah I know, I am blatantly missing out. Although the anniversary addition of American Psycho is very pretty, I also love the original minimalist cover, too!

3.) The Balm's Meet Matte Hughes Lipstick (£13.49) - The Balm is a brand that I definitely love (namely for their highlighters and eyeshadows,) but I really want to give their matte liquid lipsticks a go. My favourite kind of formula from a great brand? It's got to be a winner. They only have a handful of shades to choose from, but they're all really great, universally nice shades that should suit most skin tones and tastes. The three that have particularly caught my eye are Sentimental (a bright rosy dark pink), Charming (a warm milk chocolate brown - a shade I've always wanted to try but never really sure if it will suit me!), and Honest (a peachy coral shade that I think would be perfect for summer). The red shades are also lovely but I'm buried deep in red lip products! The Balm cosmetics are available online on various stores such as Superdrug, Debenhams, and Feel Unique!

4.) Terrarium Enamel Pin Badge (£7.00) - Since buying some patches and pins for my leather and denim jackets, I would label myself as pin crazy and now I can't get enough. There is so many designs I've seen and fell in love with, but this is the most recent "oh yaaas I love that" one I've found. Who doesn't want to wear a tiny greenhouse? Check out Finest Imaginary's other jewellery items too - she's got a pretty cute stock to choose from and a UK seller - help a native sister out.

5.) Twin Peaks well, everything! - If I haven't let the cat out of the bag by now, I'm a huge David Lynch and Twin Peaks fan. It has been one of my favourite TV shows for years and I can still rewatch those original series again and again and never tire of them. That being said, I would love to get the DVD box set, but I would also love to read these two books. I know what you're thinking - four books in one wishlist, Amyleigh?! It's excessive and I totally don't have a problem with that. I've been really lax with reading lately and one of my Resolutions/Goals for the year was to read more and I seem to be managing okay at keeping up the pace at the moment! The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer is something that's been on my wishlist for years as an avid fan of the show, so naturally it's made an appearance here, but the real gem is The Autobiography of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. I didn't even know this existed until I was looking for things to include in this post and now I know of it's existence I need it so bad. Dale Cooper is one of my favourite - if not most favourite - character from anything ever and what I love most about him is his messages to Diane. Therefore, could this book be any more perfect? I think not.


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment