SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

'Barely There' Beauty



When it comes to makeup, I've always loved it. Since wearing gloopy baby blue glittery cream eyeshadows when I was 10, to wearing a matte red lip every opportunity I can now, I've always loved it. That being said, I still don't feel I've found my "ultimate look" or anything yet, as in the last year or so, I've changed a lot about my makeup - from how I apply it, to what look I want to achieve. I used to be very much a full full coverage foundation girl. The more matte and put together my face looked, the better. However over the last year and especially in recent months, I've noticed a desire to sheer out a lot of my foundations, leave some areas of my face powder-free, and I love when I manage to get some of my freckles peeping through the coverage I need. I even seem to care less about covering my acne which is a big change for me! With all that being said, there is some great products for getting that minimal, "no makeup" makeup look, and here are my top picks.

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - This primer is aimed at blemished skin as it is made with tea tree, but it will definitely work for all skin types. Although it promises to mattify the skin, I've found it to be the least mattifying and oil controlling primer I have. This isn't actually a complaint, because if used with the right foundation, it can give it some much-needed hydration and keep my skin looking healthy whilst also keeping my skin and blemishes calm and controlled underneath.

L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation - This foundation is so lightweight, it does a fantastic job of evening out your complexion without looking like makeup. This was the first product I tried that was light coverage for my base, and I haven't looked back. The foundation is a runny water-like consistency and works best just being applied with your digits. Because it is so easy to apply, it doesn't need blending in or any of the nonsense we've all gotten so used to doing now. So not only does it make your skin look bare but healthy and even, it shaves off a lot of time when getting ready. Unfortunately this foundation has been discontinued, but L'Oréal's Nude Magique Blur Cream also does an effortless job at creating an even, pore-free base without the need for heavy coverage.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - When you need a concealer to make you look awake, glowing, and *nice* without any trance of makeup, this one certainly does the job. The Wake Me Up concealer helps cover your dark circles whilst also giving a bit of a glow and highlight to the under eye area, which helps make you look more put together despite going for a minimal/bare skin makeup look. This concealer isn't super high coverage either, so it will help to keep your skin and the look natural.

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks Blusher - These super affordable blushers are an everyday staple for me anyway, but I think the shades in the range are all great for more natural, barely there looks. I'd say the shade "Rosey Glow" is particularly nice for a minimal makeup look as it is exactly what it says on the pot - a lovely rosey glow shade. If used with a light hand, it will give an incredibly natural flush to the cheeks which isn't too pink or artificial.

Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara - Even when I'm going for a more natural look, mascara is something I love to pile on. Saying that though, a firm favourite for natural looking lashes is definitely Rimmel's Wonder'full mascara. This product is jam-packed with argan oil which helps condition the lashes and it is a lovely mascara for lengthening and separating - just what you want when you want to look like you *just woke up like this*. You can layer and layer this product up and it will never look clumpy or too thick - perfect mascara is perfect.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Ulta Moisturising Lip Balm - To finish things off and keep things natural, I like to use just a simple non-tinted lip balm. Palmer's Dark Mint Chocolate Lip Balm is perfect for this job as it's very creamy and comfortable on the lips, has SPF 15, and is very moisturising and hydrating all day. It's also effortless to apply due to the fact that it has no colour pigment in it, meaning you can apply it on the go without the aid of a mirror. This lip balm also creates a lovely subtle sheen to the lips making them appear a little fuller and plumper without hiding or masking your lips true colour.


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.