Current Foundation Favourite



New releases of foundation are always something I will try because I've never felt like I've found the best foundation that works for me. I love using Revlon's Colorstay and Estée Lauder's Double Wear, but there's just something about both of them that doesn't quite work for me. Although this foundation I'm about to confess my undying love for isn't a new release, its a foundation I had never previously tried and wish I had. Max Factor are a brand I usually don't look to for foundation - I used to love their Miracle Touch foundation when I was 15, but the thought of using any sort of cream to powder/mousse style foundation nowadays makes me feel a bit sick. But after seeing a rave review of Max Factor's Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation, and seeing Boots had a great offer on, I figured I'd try it out.

Initially I picked up the product in the second shade, Warm Almond, but decided it was a little bit too dark so I also picked up Light Ivory. I'll get my major issue with this product out the way before I continue - neither of the lightest shades match me at all. Light Ivory is far too pink it makes me look clownish and Warm Almond is too tan - I tend to create a blend of both shades on my application, but it's usually hit and miss day to day as to the level it matches. Although this would usually be a big reason why I would stop using a foundation, the pros to using this one vastly outweigh that one negative, so I can live with the slightly off-colour face, I guess.

The product promises to be a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one and I would definitely say it lives up to that claim. Although I use primer and concealer in conjunction with it, I know if I was ever in a rush or needed to travel light, I could take these two products and they would still do a great all-round job. I'd say it is a medium coverage foundation which can be easily built up or sheered out depending on how it is applied. I like to use not even a full pump of it (maybe a half pump at best) and that will cover my whole face nicely. It will be a light one coat, but it evens my skin tone whilst letting some of my freckles etc. still show through which I like. The foundation also contains SPF 20 so its a great choice for holidays or for the increasingly warmer spring/summer days which are (hopefully) on their way. The product is also packaged beautifully. One thing Max Factor does well as a brand is they manage to make their drugstore priced products look luxurious and above their price point. Face Finity comes in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser, making it look great in my collection but also making it super convenient and fuss-free to use.

The best things about this foundation is that it is comfortable to wear even on long days, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out, and it manages to control my oils. Read that? My oily skin is under its spell. I have exclusively worn this foundation for work since I first purchased it and it has made a world of difference. From applying it at 6am, it will keep me relatively shine-free until 4pm without any touch ups. I know, astounding right? Some days I may need to blot at around lunch time, but I don't need to powder every 2 hours which is a HUGE deal for me. Gone are the days I have to run to the toilets every chance I get to check how shiny faced I am. So for that basis alone, I would really recommend this product to anyone and everyone. Even if you're a dry skinned girly, give this a shot because it is not drying at all, it still keeps my skin looking hydrated, plump, and healthy, so I think it will suit all skin types, not just the oily/combination of us!

Have you tried Face Finity? Pick it up for £12.99 if not and I promise, you won't be disappointed!


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment