New in From L'Oréal



L'Oréal have had a few new releases recently so on my latest trip to Superdrug, I picked up some of them that intrigued me. Naturally, I picked up the highly anticipated and reviewed Nude Magique Cushion Foundation (£14.99) because I mean, there was only one left in the lightest shade and I've got to be honest, I felt a little left out because everyone has been talking about it! But I also snapped up the Infallible Matte Max Lipstick (£6.99) and the Miss Hippie Mega Volume Mascara (£7.99) which I was excited to try out.

So let's start off with something I really like - the mascara. L'Oréal have some great mascaras and this is the latest in the style of the Miss Manga releases. As quite a fan of the Miss Manga version due to its thickening and but separating formula and wand, I was interested to see how this one faired (also I won't lie... the Miss Hippie name did speak volumes to me because I'll do anything for them 70s vibes). As you can see from the picture, the wand is well, kind of a mess. When I first opened it I didn't have high hopes as the brush head is so chunky and looked a little bit like an old mascara that should actually be thrown away. But once I started to apply it, I soon changed my tune. The bristles are your typical fibre bristles so they're great at catching all your lashes and not irritating the eyes like some rubber wands can do. As the bristles are all different lengths, you get more definition and coating on certain lashes rather than every single one or rather than a fanned out effect that many mascara wands create. This one gives you a look similar to the more "natural" looking falsh eyelashes or "feathery" look as L'Oréal describe it, as it will give you that long-short-long-short-long lash definition across the whole row of your lashes. As I suffer with sensitive eyes, I can say this one is lovely to wear - it didn't make my eyes water at any point on my first day of wear and it's an extremely light formula that you can't feel throughout the day despite it being a volumising product. I would say this one is a buildable mascara - I tend to wear only one coat of mascara but I felt like this one looked best with two or three coats. Saying that, building it up is fine as it doesn't clump or flake and the "fuzzy" wand will help coat every lash, so it's a good product all-round. If you need a new mascara and like thick but defined spidery lashes, maybe give this one a go.



Next up let's talk lips. When I first saw this product I thought it looked awful. The advertisement I saw for it was using one of the reds in the shade range and it was applied like an ombré - the colour was more intense in the centre of the lips and slowly faded out towards the lip lines. Now I bet you're thinking what I thought - why on earth would you want to make your lips appear thinner? Exactly, it's a stupid idea. However when I was in store I guess the gimmicky nature of the product drew me in so I picked up the lightest shade - 001 Silencio - and thought I'd give it a go anyway. The product for this lippie is actually in the lid and the sponge applicator is dipped into it. This is a little odd but one good thing about it is that you don't get too much product on the applicator, making it stupidly easy to get a nice easy coverage albeit a more time consuming one to apply. The formula is velvety soft and extremely comfortable on the lips. I think due to the application, it dries almost instantly and isn't at all tacky. It does transfer however but this shade in particular fades nicely to a *nothing* colour so you don't get that awful halo around the lips. It also reapplies really well and doesn't look cakey or flaky. There's a couple of gorgeous darker/more intense shades in the range (particularly the vibrant purple they have) but I don't think they will look as great as promised due to the muted shade pay-off you get on application. I really love this shade though; it's a lovely wearable peachy nude that would suit most skin tones, I just don't know how long the product is going to last due to it's crazy storage style.



Now let's get to the main act: the cushion foundation. Cushion foundations are a Korean trend that are taking the west by storm. I've been tempted to try the higher end brands' versions but the price point has put me off so when I found out L'Oréal had released one, I knew I had to try it. First up the packaging is okay - the plastic is sturdy, there's a big ol' mirror inside which is great, and it comes with a sponge applicator which I don't use to apply it, but it would be a great back-up for when you are on the go and need to touch up. I don't personally like the mirrored purple decor but it's in-keeping with the Nude Magique range. I'm a huge fan of the Nude Magique water-light foundation and the BB powder so I had high hopes for this foundation. I picked up the shade 01 Porcelain which is the lightest in the range of 7 shades and here comes my first warning - if you are extremely pale or pink toned, this will be much too dark/yellow for you. I'm quite pale (Buff from Revlon's Colorstay range is my perfect match) and I'm quite yellow in tone and I found this foundation to be like a more tan version of my usual foundation choices. The formula is very dewy and light - it applies and blends effortlessly (it took me less than a minute to do my whole face with my beauty blender) but it does remain quite tacky to the touch so if you're an oily girl, you will need to set it and blemishes will need an extra hand with concealer. I really like it though. It gives a great light to medium coverage which is easily buildable and it gives your skin a healthy look. It does get shiny/oily quite quickly I've found, but if you have dry skin or more normal/combination skin, you might have better luck with it compared to this super oily girl. That being said, the bad shade choices and the dewiness hasn't put me off using it - I think it's a gorgeous formula and I'll definitely be using every drop of it. My one concern? How much product am I really going to get out of a saturated sponge that cost me £15? That is the question. I think I'll be taking this one on holiday with me though in the hopes that if I catch some sun, the colour match will be better and its also super convenient for travel as there's no worries about leaking or bottles breaking. Super good.





Have you tried any of the products mentioned? What did you think of them?
P.S. Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on L'Oréal, so if you fancy trying any or all of these products, quickly go go go!

- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment