One Year of Northern Blood



This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my blog is useless. Without my blog, I am useless.

Getting way too dramatic and Full Metal Jacket for you already huh? Apologies, but Northern Blood turns the big one today! As an avid reader of blogs since my teen years, I've desperately tried to master the blogging world in my spare time and failed numerous times yet somehow, this one, this one right here, it's managed to stick and I'm so pleased about it. So Northern Blood wasn't my first blog - I can't even remember what my first was called but I recall I blogged about my favourite artists and did an awful lot of outfit posts based on pictures I had made on Polyvore (the good ol' days). I've had this actual blog account since 2010 though and in that time it has no doubt seen some evolution in my blogging and has seen it develop into something that I'm happy with, that I'm proud of, and most importantly, something I enjoy a great deal. Blogging always interested me because it was a platform for people to be completely themselves; you can share your interests no matter what they are, you can find like-minded people to talk to, you can just have your own little space to be as creative and as vocal as you want. As I was part of the generation that grew up with Live Journal and the idea of documenting your diary and everything else online, blogging has always appealed to me.

But let's talk about Northern Blood specifically. I say I'm proud of it and I honestly am. It has given me confidence on a multitude of levels in a variety of areas of me and my life. I think I take *okay* photos most of the time now rather than terrible ones, I think I can write *a little* which lemme tell you, blogging 3 times a week has definitely helped with, and I'm more confident to share my interests and myself - whether that be being confident enough to zoom in close on that acne-ridden face for a beauty post or to act like I know what I'm doing (kind of) in a fashion post, all that confidence has doubled ten-fold and it's all down to this blog. Sure, I am no where near where I want to be with Northern Blood, but I'm pleased to have had a vaguely successful first year planning, writing and creating for it and look forward to carrying on the duty in the years to come. It has been something I've managed to keep up with and keep consistent which for me is a triumph. I am the epitome of "tried once and never again" when it comes to a lot of things and I'm an incredibly forgetful and disorganised person 98% of the time but somehow this has escaped that side of me and is something I consciously make sure runs as smoothly as possible as often as possible.

Before this post gets too rambly and full of my feelings (no one wants that), I just want to say a huge huge thank you to you. If you stop by regularly to read, if it's occasional, if it's your first time or even if it's your last and you won't be coming back, thank you. As much as this blog is for me, its also the greatest feeling to know others take time out of the lives to enjoy it too. It has opened up so many windows for me to get to know other lovely people in the community and I hope that continues in the near future. I just wanted to say thanks for coming along for the ride and also sorry, but it's not over yet! Before I waffle even more than I already have, I thought a good way to sign off this wee post would be to include some of my favourite posts from this past year. They're not posts that have had particularly high views or comments but they are faves because of the content or I was particularly happy with the photos, it's a post celebrating a lovely memory... All of the aforementioned. I've tired to include a variety of posts from fashion to nature photography, from beauty to recipes. If you have a favourite post from NB please, do let me know as it would be lovely to see what you guys enjoy here too. Enjoy!

Pub Lunch
A Wee Walk

ZooWe're Going to the Zoo Zoo

25 Things I've Learned in 25 Years

Volume for Fine Hair

Winter Florals

Newcastle City ArchitectureNewcastle: My Favourite City

Vegetarian Courgette Lasagne

That Time of the Month

(P.S. The post titles below each photo are clickable links to take you to the full posts!)
Hope you are all having a great week!


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment