One Dress Two Ways


When it comes to dresses, I am a huge fan wearing them in multiple ways. Although its easy to be a sucker for an elegant evening-style dress, its equally as great to dress it down and grunge it up with some boots and just generally making it daytime appropriate. Every dress I buy I always consider whether or not I can wear it multiple ways and if I can't it goes back on the rail or is removed from the basket. So with that being said I thought I'd do a little post on how easy it can be to make dresses versatile to suit different moods, styles, and occasions. A recent purchase I love doing this with is this blush pink number from Fashion Union. I'm suddenly becoming more of a *pink girl* which I'm still not 100% comfortable with, but it's such a lovely colour! I love the cut of this dress and makes it a perfect one to wear in summer. As soon as I tried it on, I knew it would look great on it's own - teamed with some heels and a nice clutch bag, it would be a done deal. Of course you can add accessories where you see fit, but I like to keep things minimal most of the time. It's such a floaty girly number, I decided to team it with a chunky lace-up platform shoe that feels a bit more "me" and then it's an outfit ready for an evening out or even a wedding - depending on the dress code!

Fashion Union Dress | Oasis Gold Clutch (similar) | Asos Lace Up Platforms (similar)


And now for dressing it down. I love to dress down those dresses that kind of look like they shouldn't be but once you've done it, they just work so well. I teamed the same girly dress with as many dressing down items as I could think of and kept them all black to give the outfit some obvious contrast. I added a belt to alter the shape of the dress and it instantly changed the look. Also with my hi-tops and pleather jacket, it gives the look a bit more of a flavour of my personality and personal style. Add a crossbody, more casual bag and you're good to go for a daytime event/day out shopping etc etc.

Fashion Union Dress | Asos Western Belt | eBay Bag |
New Look Pleather Jacket, Pins & Patches various (see this post for details) | Converse Hi-Tops via Schuh

How would you style up or dress down one of your dresses?


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment