Amyleigh. Winchester, England.
An archaeologist & RE specialist with an abundance of love for makeup, nature & architecture photography, comics, taxidermy & a good cuppa.
A Big Thank You & Giveaway
Happy Hump Day you wonderful bunch - I hope you're having a good week so far and hopefully I can make it even better for one of you with this post. I recently hit a staggering 2000 followers over on Twitter and 200 on Bloglovin' which is just insane. I have loved blogging and everything it involves for years now but Northern Blood has been my first blog I've really truly tried hard with. It is difficult to blog nowadays - everyone is doing it, you feel inadequate, you feel like your blog isn't any different to the next Tom Dick and Harry's however, I really do love having it as a hobby. I put an awful lot of effort into it on a weekly, and most of the time daily, basis. But working full time in quite a time consuming job, I don't always get the opportunity to put as much into it as a I would like to. Despite that, I have some regular readers and I can't thank you all enough for that. Blogging will always and should always be for everyone, first and foremost for yourself - it should be something you enjoy and get something positive out of for you, but to see my readership and following growing means so much to me and makes those moments I have when I think "what's the point in it" completely disappear. So thank you.
Now, with all that mushy stuff out of the way, let's talk about what my small offering of giving back to you. Northern Blood often has a range of content going on but one of the central "themes" is beauty. Skincare, makeup, haircare... it all features on a weekly basis without fail. So because of that, I thought it only seemed right to make my first giveaway a beauty one. In this giveaway there are a variety of items ranging from more pamper things, to skincare, to cosmetics so let's see what is included:
- A Seventeen Easy on the Eye eyeshadow palette in the shade range "Birthday Suit". This palette comes with twelve neutral wearable eyeshadow shades, 4 of which are cream shadows so it's a great palette for all different tastes and formulas. As there are some cream products in there too, it's a great palette for using as a highlight too!
- 24-Piece Makeup Brush Set. If you need some new brushes, look no further because girl I've got you covered. This 24-piece set comes with a faux leather storage roll with slots for each and every brush making it fantastic to travel with. The faux leather is vegan friendly and cruelty free and is super soft and luxurious looking. The brushes themselves range from large fan brushes, to setting brushes, to spoolies. Each brush has a wooden handle making the whole matching set look sleek and stylish.
- Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion | 50ml. I have ranted and raved about this product so many times on this blog before, but it is honestly such a lovely product. If you're someone who wears a lot of eye makeup regularly and therefore needs to give their eyes a little TLC or if you're someone who needs a wee pamper now and again due to a tiring job, this product is the one for you. Splash some of the lotion on 2 cotton pads and rest the cooling refreshing pads on your eyes whilst you chill out for 10 minutes and you'll feel a million times better and your eyes will feel revived.
- 2 The Body Shop Bath Fizzers in "Vanilla Delight" and "Berry Bliss". If we're talking pamper, why stop at looking after your peepers? I've thrown in a couple of The Body Shop's bath fizzers which smell absolutely gorgeous and make bathtime just that little bit better. These almost didn't make it into this giveaway because they smell so good but alas, I don't have a bathtub so I couldn't even use them no matter how much I'd like to try to!
- Lush African Paradise Body Conditioner | 100g. Lastly, this body conditioner is a luxurious product from Lush that leaves your skin ridiculously soft to the touch and incredibly hydrated making it a perfect in-shower option for these cold winter days. According to Lush's site: "Take a trip to paradise with this light body conditioner full of softening and scented ingredients from Africa. The sweet, spicy and floral-scented cream is packed with fresh mango juice to brighten the skin, nourishing almond and moringa oils, softening shea butter, and aloe vera to cool and soothe. Smooth over the body in the shower and rinse off to leave your skin perfectly hydrated." so if you wanted to pamper yourself during the shower, here's your chance.
Now although products may be open here, I can guarantee none of the products in this giveaway have been used. They're all new, unused items which were opened on the 3/12/2016 for photography purposes only so you guys can see what is up for grabs. This giveaway will be running until Friday the 16th December and there are multiple ways you can enter! Check out the rafflecopter below to see how you can enter and see which ways you can enter multiple times and also be sure to check out Twitter account for more chances to win via retweets and it is open to the UK only (sorry!). The winner will be announced on Friday 16th December - just in time for an early Christmas present! So get entering, get retweeting, and thank you all so very much for being supportive.
a Rafflecopter giveaway