Favourite Lifestyle Posts 2016



Hello you lovely lot! On Wednesday I posted a review of my favourite beauty posts here on NB from 2016 so I thought it only seemed right to include my favourite lifestyle ones from the year today, too! Surprise surprise, I realised I had far too many to include in just one post so I've split my faves into two posts - this one is covering just general lifestyle posts and the next one will be covering my favourite photography-based lifestyle posts (which include the odd travel post too). So let's see what I've enjoyed writing about, photographing, and what you guys have enjoyed too:


A-Z of Amyleigh
This was one of the most fun and lighthearted posts I put together this year and I really enjoyed writing it. I like to keep my blog quite informal and chatty 98% of the time anyway, but this post let me truly be myself in the best way as it gave me a chance to talk about some more of my interests and parts of my personality that might not always be visible on NB becuse quite frankly - I can't squeeze it all in! It was a tricky post to write because I was stumped trying to think of things for some letters and other letters I had too many things to choose from to include, but I really recommend writing a post like this for your blog because it just gives your blog an extra personal touch and chance to be yourself. I loved it.


Me and My Other Interests: Music
Another great one to write was this post all about some of my favourite music and how my music taste has developed since a young age. I was a massive scene kid/emo when I was younger with the coon-tail hair extensions and too much eyeliner but now, I still have the black hair but I tend to dress to whatever style I want rather than dress the way my music taste would dictate. Because of that, people are sometimes surprised that I like the music I do and those who know I like "heavier" stuff are then surprised to learn I really love the likes of Amy Winehouse and Busted. So this was a nice chance for me to really waffle on for hours about my favourite music and as I consider music a major importance and passion in my life, it as nice to include it in NB as I don't get the opportunity to talk about it that often.


Man Time: Beer Review
Something I would like to do in 2017 is have Matt write more posts on NB. Matthew is such a talented writer and after he did a review on some beers for this post, I think you guys really enjoyed his writing style and what he had to say. It would be fantastic to have more "manly" themed posts as he's a fashionable guy who knows his food, beer, skincare, and male grooming so watch this space!


My Favourite Books - Part 1
The first instalment of a run-down of my favourite books obviously needed to be included in this favourites post. I love reading and I'm making it a target to read a hell of a lot more in 2017 because it has unfortunately taken a back seat this year, big time. I try to do book review posts as often as I can on NB but I realised I really needed to give you guys a clear idea of what sort of books I like the most so you know why I might have the view of a book I do. Of course I will be writing more instalments of my favourite reads in 2017, but for now definitely check out this post to get an idea of what I like to get lost in.


25 Things I've Learned in 25 Years
For whatever reason, I saw turning 25 this year as a milestone and a chance to reflect on what I've learned in this time. Writing this post was another chance to be lighthearted and informal but it also gave me the opportunity to say some more serious things and I guess be really honest with myself and you guys - 25 isn't old and you won't have your life sorted out like you thought you would when you were 16. It was a nice personal post to include on NB and I will be making an effort to include more personal posts in the new year.


When in Rome: Where to Eat
Although I created a lot of posts covering my time in Rome this summer, one post I particularly liked writing and collating was this one about my favourite topic: food. A big focus of our holiday in Rome was to eat as much good food as we could and we think we pretty much nailed it. This post ended up being a pretty lengthy one but if you're a fan of pizza, you will be amongst friends reading it.


Taxidermy for Beginners
It's no secret that I love taxidermy. I even mention it in my short blog bio because it's something I actively love buying and looking at but I had never made my own until this year. Matt & I took a beginners class and made our own little mice and it was such an interesting experience. It made me truly appreciate the effort that goes into each piece of taxidermy that is created and how good you have to be with your hands and patience. Although Matt said he would never do it ever again, I think if the opportunity came up again to do another animal I would definitely go for it. It was a unique experience and made me really admire those who create things I just take for granted to decorate my home.


Me and My Other Interests: Video Games
I feel like I'm cheating putting in two of my "Me and My Other Interests" posts in this favourites run-down but I have enjoyed writing them and look forward to doing a few more in 2017. My other big love in life is video games and again, it's a love of mine I don't mention all that often on the blog because I don't want it to get crowded with too many different topics as it would be difficult to follow what I'm posting about when. However I love video games probably as much (if not even more!) than makeup so writing this post was an utter joy and a trip down nostalgic memory lane.


Pork Banh Mi Recipe
Lastly, I thought I better mention a recipe and which better one to mention than this super tasty sandwich that Matt & I have quite often as it's one of our most favourite meals to have. This is such an amazing sandwich to have that leaves you feeling utterly stuffed but it's nice and light and relatively healthy for you so it's ace. I'm hoping to have many more recipes on NB in 2017 as Matt & I are making a conscious effort to try and eat a little bit better and to also make an effort with making our food interesting most meal times so if you like to get creative in the kitchen, keep an eye out for that!


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment