Boohoo X Dress of the Month



Happy Bank Holiday Monday guys! Today's post is yet another double combo of ootd's - a mini lookbook if you will - as I have to showcase this amazing new dress that has fallen into my hands. Recently the brand Boohoo reached out to me with a new idea that they had and I couldn't say no. They're contacting a range of fashion/style bloggers to be part of their new blogging campaign, Dress of the Month. The idea behind Dress of the Month is that Boohoo will send out a mystery dress and they wait to see how you will style it up. It's supposed to be a fun campaign designed to push people out of their comfort zone a little as it may be a dress or style of dress that you would never personally choose to wear. Of course I jumped at the chance to do this as I loved the idea of receiving a surprise dress and didn't know what to expect.

Luckily for me, I absolutely love the dress for the month of May. Gingham has been a big hit over the last couple of months but surprisingly, I haven't bought into this time around despite really liking the print (especially because I feel like gingham goes with blue denims super well). So when I saw the print, I was instantly happy. It is a smock style dress so it's effortless and *so* comfortable to wear, but has a nice drop peplum skirt and ruffle detail that gives it a feminine touch despite the shapeless fit. As the whole idea behind this campaign is to see how different bloggers style the item up, I couldn't help myself but put together a couple of different looks that I would 100% wear (and since have worn!).


So the first way I'd wear this outfit is a bit more out of my comfort zone in the sense that it's proportions I'm not used to. Back when it was London Fashion Week, I saw a lot of people rocking a dress with jeans and styling it as a long tunic and I loved the idea of it. It looked effortlessly cool and chíc but different and I liked that. So I threw the dress on top of my favourite vintage mom jeans to keep it comfy, a waffle knit cropped jumper and my new favourite sandals and I felt ready to go out for a day date of wandering around town.

Vero Moda Jumper (similar) | Boohoo Smock Dress* | Vintage Mom Jeans | Bohemia Design Bag | Matalan Sandals


The second way I'd wear this is a little more my "typical" style. This dress looks so great on its own with bare legs, but I knew it was screaming out for a fedora and some little western-style booties. To break up the black, I of course reached for my favourite faux leather jacket and my tassel box bag helped tie all the shades together. This is something I would typically wear for either a day date or an evening out for good food and drinks because lets face it - it'll hide the food baby no problemo.

Zara Jacket (similar) | Boohoo Smock Dress* | Boohoo Fedora | Matalan Tassel Bag | Primark Boots (similar)


I'm really pleased with the Dress of the Month for May as it's something I'm comfortable in but sometimes struggle to know how to style as being only 5ft 1, I find oversized dresses can often swamp me and make me look like a toddler so this was a good challenge for me and the rest of my wardrobe. The dress itself is a lovely little number and I have to mention that the fabric is really nice. It's thick enough that you won't turn into Marilyn Monroe if the slightest gust of wind blows but it's also light enough to wear now that it's getting pretty hot here in the UK (finally). It's got a little bit of stretch to it too so the sleeves fit slightly more tapered which is flattering and the slight dip hem to the back of the peplum skirt helps show off your legs in the best way. Thanks to Boohoo for the collab on this and I'm excited to see how others style the same item up!



Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

Post a Comment